mardi 10 janvier 2012

Susan Philipsz Talks About Her Creative Process




Internationally acclaimed artist and winner of the 2010 TurnerPrize, Susan Philipsz, talks about her creative process and how she gets her inspiration:

• If you have a good idea, stick to it. Especially if realising the project is a long and demanding process, try to keep true to the spirit of the initial idea.

• Daydream. Give yourself plenty of time to do nothing. Train journeys are good.

• Be open to your surroundings. I try to find inspiration in the character of the place I'm exhibiting in. It helps me if I can respond to something that is already there.

• Always have something to write with. I seldom draw these days, but I need a pen in my hand to think.

• I like reading and watching movies, but mostly I find that it's things I have seen or read a long time ago that come back to me. The things that you found inspiring when you were starting out usually stay with you.

• Keep it simple.

• Be audacious.

• It doesn't always have to make sense.

• I love silence. I can't listen to music while I work and I need to be alone.

• I go through messy phases and tidy phases. Being messy during a tidy phase is never good, and vice versa.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire